See this image larger
Thanksgiving 2009 at my grammy's in Myrtle Beach. About 200lbs.

See this image larger
My cat, Diva. And yes, her personality fully matches her name. =)

go to goodies page
Happy Birthday
go to goodies page
Hot Cocoa
go to goodies page
Happy Birthday

Interact with JACKSOAN
Add as SparkFriend Send Private Message Leave Comment Recent Message
Board Posts

Well, I'm starting over. Again.
This time, though, I have a much more concrete goal than "lose weight" and "get healthy". I have registered for then Cleveland half marathon in May 2013. Two of my friends are also running it. I have no excuses to not meet this goal.


A little about me:

Name: Amber
Location: Akron, OH
Age: 26

I am an engineer by training and job (yes, I'm stereotypical enough to also be a nerd).

I grew up in SC, went to undergrad in IN, worked and got my master's degree in NY, and now I work in OH.

Member Since: 3/9/2008

Fitness Minutes: 58,048

My Goals:
2010 Goals:
-At or below 180 lbs
-Run at least one 5k
-Sign up for at least one sprint tri
-Sign up for at least one 10k

June (last week) 2010 Goals:
-Join a better gym
-Stay within calorie ranges at least 4 days a week.

July 2010 Goals:
-Swim at least 3 times per week
-Run at least 3 times per week
-Strength train at least 3 times per week
-Bike at least once every weekend (min 20 miles)
-Stretch/yoga at least 6 times per week

My Program:
Three days a week: 1hr of swimming, 1hr of yoga.

Three other days a week: 45 min of running, 1hr of strength training, stretching.

Last day of the week: biking at least 20 miles and stretch afterwards.

Eventually add 30 minutes of cardio (running or cardio DVD) every morning.

Tracking all my meals with SP. Staying in my calorie range 90% of the time. The other 10% is reserved for rewards and celebrations (but no binging!).

Personal Information:
I'm 25. I grew up in South Carolina then went to undergrad in Indiana. I then moved to Syracuse, NY for my new job with Lockheed Martin. I'm now in Akron, OH (still with Lockheed) and have finished my master's from Cornell via distance learning.

Other Information:

Read More About JACKSOAN - Profile Information moved here. (Updated November 30)

Shown if member clicks "Read More"

(Shown after Message Board Posts)
Add a Link
Save Changes
My Ticker:
 current weight: 247.8 
Login to Leave Comment
Member Comments (143):  123Next >Last >>