- noun 1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
2. Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.
Pronunciation [per-sis-tuhns, -zis-]
noun 1. the act or fact of persisting.
2. the quality of being persistent
3. the continuance of an effect after its cause is removed.
- noun anything that activates or stimulates; inspiration or catalyst.
- verb (used with object)
to kindle, animate, or stimulate (interest, activity, spirit, etc.)
It's amazing what a wealth of knowledge is found in the dictionary!!
Through perseverance, persistance and the great friends I'm meeting at Sparks, I KNOW I can lose this weight and regain who I was meant to be all along.