Preparing for the new year
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I've been more than a bit lazy for a couple of months now, but the program is coming together for a new burst of energy and commitment. Here's what I have in place:
1) A brand new SparkPeople calendar, complete with stickers and four handy little squares per day on which I'm tracking: strength, cardio, calorie intake, and my next goal weight of 165 pounds. (If you know this calendar, you'll know that one of the squares is for water. Water is one of the habits I have in place and don't need to reinforce daily, so I'm tracking strength and cardio separately.)
2) More small weight loss goals. I lost a bit of hope there for awhile and ended up gaining weight. I've decided to reward myself for smaller goals along the way.
3) I didn't have eDiets delivered last week, but meals will arrive on Thursday and then I'm back on that plan. Less than 1300 calories a day seems to be how low I have to go to actually lose, so that's my goal intake.
4) I joined the Bootcamp team again this year. I wasn't great about keeping up with it last year, but I plan to this year.
5) The Spark book should arrive this week, and that's going to be a great inspiration, too.
No resolutions, just goals: healthy eating, life balance, fun exercise.