1st of May? Must be time for a blog!
Saturday, May 01, 2010
I used to blog on the first of each month to assess how I was doing and to set new goals for the month to come. I didn't do this last month for a million and one reasons, not least because I was doing BAD with my weight loss and practically all of my goals!
This month it's time to get back into the habit - so here are my goals:
1. Lose 7lbs, taking me back to my lowest weight of 152lbs, which I was on March 1st.
2. Hit 500 fitness minutes - the gym make me feel good!
3. Have 31/31 days binge free - can I make it a whole month without raiding the biscuit tin in the evening and undoing my hard work for that day?!
4. Measure my waist at 30 inches again!! I haven't measured today as I am super bloated and if I see some stupid high number it will just throw me off and make me feel bad, but I think it's around 32 inches without the bloat!
5. Feel happy with my progress - irrelevant of numbers!
I think that's about it - my goals are still number focused, but I will be happy with losing 1lb this month, as long as I am continuing with feeling good about myself. This whole year so far has been HARD for me to get my eating habits under control as I have gone from being too restrictive to binge eating practically every other day. So my main focus is to get back to planning and tracking my meals, not binging in the evening and not being too hard on myself if I eat too many calories one day, just moving on again to the next day! This is the biggest advice I give out to everyone - forgive yourself the bad days and move on, but it's sometimes hard taking your own advice! Especially when your scales are up 7lbs from 2 months ago!! Aghhh!! Oh well, it happens, but I know these days that a gain isn't the end of the world or a reason to give up and gain all 100lbs back - it is just a reason to work a little bit harder again!
Here's to having a great month..... I hope you all set yourself some realistic, happy making goals, because I'm feeling great and ready to get back to my best!! Oh and I'm still planning on getting in that bikini this summer, progress pictures will be up again just as soon as I have some progress to show!!