Summer 2010 Motivation
Monday, May 24, 2010
The summer of 2010 is going to be like no other. I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child. I want this to be the healthiest pregnancy yet. This is going to be challenging seeing as how the summer usually means we are on the go a lot and we eat out while on the go. Adding to the usual summer chaos is the softball and T-ball schedules.
My goals for the summer are:
1. Make healthier choices at fast food restaurants when we are out on the road.
2. Keep moving. Park farthest away from the store. Keep up on the strength training. Hang clothes outside to dry when the weather allows (this is good for the electric bill and keeps me off my seat and gives my some weight to carry)
3. Go to the farmers market to get fresh fruits and veggies - try new things!
4. Plant a garden and eat all it gives us. We have cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes, green peppers, eggplant and jalapeños. I have yet to get my lettuce and herbs planted.
5. Get a summer pool pass and take the kids every weekend instead of sitting in the AC. The pool is also offering water aerobics this year after work. I am excited about this opportunity. My only set back would be if no one is home to watch the 5 year old on some days. I am also scared that the water will be too cold...I am a big sissy when it comes to cold water.
I am looking forward to a busy and healthy summer!