What Works, What Doesn't
Monday, May 24, 2010
What doesn't work:
* First thing am doing anything other than track my food
* Not preparing my tea (herbal, iced) last thing the night before
* Wallowing in self-pity and self-intolerance and using excuses not to go to the gym
* Not putting my fitness and what works first
* Tracking every bite I eat as I eat it starting first thing in the morning
* Filling my water bottle first thing in the morning
* Planning my food (and my family's because I eat what they eat) on Sun am
* Putting anything before grocery shopping and having healthy food in the house at all times
* Move my body, and get to the gym, regardless of what's happening in my life.
I wrote a blog on 5/18 about being uncomfortable at the gym when I went at a different time of the day and there were lots of people there. I said that I had to protect what is important : getting to the gym when few people are there.
Well, I have found that getting to the gym when few people are there IS NOT the important thing to protect. What IS the important thing to protect is GETTING TO THE GYM. I haven't been there since I wrote the post. I let my self-pity and self-intolerance talk me into not going because I couldn't go at the 'best' time.
So this week my GET FIT and FABULOUS goals are:
PLAN my MEALS for the week. (DONE)
KEEP nutritious and delicious food in the house AT ALL TIMES.
PREPARE my liquids the NIGHT BEFORE.
GET 7 hrs minimum sleep REGULARLY instead of staying up late messing around.
Start LOGGING my food STARTING 1st THING in the morning.
DO my full body strength training workout AT THE GYM 3 times.
FEEL ANY FEELING that might come up and PRACTICE SELF-LOVE and SELF-ACCEPTANCE, while DOING all of the goals.
I do all of these things already, I just need to start doing them before anything else. Everything else will take care of themselves if I take care of the basics first.
OK, I guess in full disclosure I should admit that Feeling my Feelings has not been part of my goals before this, and I've rarely allowed myself to put this as a priority.
Starting this week, that changes. I can trace just about every snafu in my process so far to trying to ignore or push away or distract myself from my feelings.
I will be gentle with myself, but I am not alone. I have been blessed with many SFriends and SBuddies and SparkPeople who have encouraged me and supported me and hinted that maybe I should start focusing on this, and who have made progress in this themselves. I'll just hang around those folks, and focus and I know it will start improving.
I AM Doing It! (We need an emoticon that says You Are Doing It! and I AM Doing It! don't you think?