My Obesity-Related Laundry List of Medical Problems
Monday, October 18, 2010
When I was 18 (5 years ago) I weighed about 105 pounds. I was healthy. I didn't have a single medical problem. In fact, I refused to purchase medical insurance because I felt it was a waste of money. I was ok with paying full out for an annual check up at the doctor. Well, as time went on, I gained 85 pounds and I now have more medical problems than I can dea with. So, I decided to make a list of them so I can post it up for motivation to lose this weight!
My Obesity Related Medical Problems:
1. Allergies (I didn't have seasonal allergies until I gained weight)
Post-nasal drainage also causes my throat to swell and get tight several times a day causing headaches. Nothings works to ease the allergy problems. I've tried everything!
2. GERD/Heartburn (If I don't take Protonix every day, I have heartburn all day)
3. Acne (I believe it's a mix of not taking care of my body and a hormone imbalance)
4. PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) Hormone imbalance+cysts on ovaries=no babies :( But the doc says if I lose weight it should go away!
5. Warts never had a wart until I got to be obese. Not sure if there is a correlation but I have two on the same hand and they're a pain to get rid of.
6. Stretch marks (thighs, belly, hips)
That's all I can think of for now...I'm going to get rid of all these problems. I'm 23, I shouldn't have much of a medical history but it seems like I'm going to the doctor more and more. I'm not doing this anymore! I'm going to set myself free!!