WOW! It is hard to imagine that 2010 is all but over!! So much has changed in this last year!!! I started at Missouri State last January for Music Education! Never thinking I would EVER change that I had to learn some hard lessons that I’m not 18 anymore and changed it to general Education. I was pretty sure that I was going to be happy there but the more and more I thought about it the more I didn’t think that it fit either so I ended up in Hospitality! I don’t want that to sound like a bad thing. For many years I had dreams of building my own bed and breakfast! This was leading me down the road that I have wanted for years!! A road that had no real entrance but just something that I dreamed for never knowing exactly how to accomplish it. I knew exactly how it was going to sat up down to the Black shutters, plantation style, wraparound porch, the row of old oaks lining the dirt drive where no car would ever drive, The small wedding chapel overlooking the small pond and the horseback riding, fishing and small restaurant attached to the main building. I could set and see it perfectly in my mind. The cars would be parked at the front and the guest would be transported to the main house by wagon, the way it more than likely was when the house was originally built. Ever Christmas everything would be covered in lights, trees and anything Christmas-like. There would be hay ride like Christmas light display including homemade cocoa and sugar cookies. Everything in mind was perfect. But after thinking about it I wanted my dream bed and breakfast from my head to come into the real world. I knew that until I tried I would never know if I could ever make something like that work and it would always be a wish that I never did anything with like many of my dreams in life.
Another thing excited that happened this year is I turned 30. I know that I don’t look it but yet 30. It was hard for me. In my mind my life had ended. I was 30, single and had no children. When I was younger 30 was considered old and I knew that I would get married by 21 and have my perfect little girls by the time I was 27. Well I guess that my plan wasn’t God’s cause that isn’t even close to how my life worked out. Anyways for my birthday my parents and I took a vacation to Walt Disney World and well it wasn’t as magical as I was hoping. It was worse Disney Trip but the best Birthday!! I know it is hard to imagine but my Best Friend surprised me for my birthday and that is what made it the best birthday ever!! Also the day after my birthday I got to hang out with some of my online friends Michele and Kelly!! I really wished that my trip had started on my birthday instead of ended so close afterwards cause those were 2 of the best days of the entire trip!!
So after so many fun and life changing things this what could I do for 2011 that would make it better than 2010? I came up with a couple of things
1) Make a life change – Thus I am going to start the process of becoming healthy not just diet but to make a 180 in my life habits where these new healthier ways become the new habits.
2) Met with a financial Adviser – I don’t have the best credit in the world and I know that to get my dream I am going to have to work on having much better credit. As a new business owner I don’t want to be stuck paying over the top interest rates and taking money away from my growing business
3) Start to go to Church again – From the day I was out of the hospital I was in a church every Sunday. It was never an option from my grandmother’s point of view. It was something that she had to do to make sure that we knew the truth and believed in him. After high school, it seemed that life just got busy and I never had time to go. I know that is just an excuse. I read my bible every day; I pray daily as well as thank him for the things that I have been blessed with. I have a very personal relationship with him and walk with him down life’s path. I always believed that you could have everything and not go to church. But I was wrong as I get older I realize that I want an even closer relationship with God and to walk even closer down life’s roads.
4) Start dating – Well according to my horoscope for 2011 this is supposed to be my year for just that!! I don’t really believe in such things. I like to read them and laugh at what they said that is usually not true although it said that I would find my true heart and soul this year, I can only wish that was true and that I would find my other half and be able to start on that leg of life’s road. Unfortunately my horoscope didn’t state that I where I was going to meet prince charming. So like many people nowadays I joined a couple of online dating sites. I am not going to think that by the year end I am going to be married and on my way to motherhood but to at least get out there and have a little fun learning the ropes of dating since I really have no experience in the subject!
5) Make all A’s and B’s in all my classes and be disappointed in myself if I didn’t – I know that many employers don’t look at your GPA when hiring but you never know. BUT this one is more for me than anyone. I know that I am capable of more than hoping that I get a D to pass a class. I am much smarter than that. I had an A in my math class until graphing and then I barley passed onto the next math level with a C? I should have gotten help before it came to that fact that I was so lost that I just looked at a graph on a test and just started guessing. I have so much more potential than that and I want to show it. College isn’t like high school where it is free and you have to take out thousands of dollars of student loans a year to make it and a higher GPA would help me to get scholarships as well!!
6) Volunteer! – I have only volunteered in the “real world” 3 times. I know that isn’t a lot and I am going to dedicate this year to going out and finding an organization where I am happy to volunteer a couple of days or more a month. I think that not only is it going to help people but is going to make me a better person
So those are my goals for 2011. I know that it seems like a lot but I am determined to do each and every one of them! I know that I can I just have to put some work into them!!
May each and every one of you have a wonderful New Year filled with all the love and happiness you can handle!