Day 115: The Latest Meme
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Got this one from DEBRA0818 - thanx, Deb!
1. Were you named after anyone?
Nope. Mom said after a character on a soap opera (radio, lol); Dad said it was after a lake near their house.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Oh, a week or so ago. I don't like to cry. The cathartic release is fine, but my sinuses are so bad anymore that everything clogs right up and I get horrible sinus pain.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Well... it's okay. I'd like it a lot better if I could write quickly AND legibly. It's pretty much either / or. Sometimes even EYE can't read it!
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
I don't do lunch meat. I don't do sandwiches. In the 'old' days it would've been turkey breast, with plenty of lettuce, tomato and mayo.
5. Do you have kids?
Yepper, a son, a daughter, and two stepsons.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I think so. I LIKE to think so - I don't have a lot of best friends, but the ones I have seem to be a lot like me, so... I guess that's a 'yes'!
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Nah, not really.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yep. Still got my appendix too. All the original body parts, though some don't work as well as they used to.
9. Would you bungee jump?
Not on your life! I'd be the one whose foot snapped off, or the cord was a tad too long, or something--!
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Oh, there are so many! I don't know if they still make them, or if they've changed, but I could practically live off of Quaker Oat Squares!
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I didn't used to, but the last few months I lace 'em as tight as I used to lace high-top roller skates, so if I don't untie them, I can't get my feet out!
12. Do you think you are strong?
In what way? Physical strength - no. Emotional strength - mmmmm... dunno.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
In southcentral PA there used to be a dairy called 'PennSupreme.' They made a rocky-road ice cream that was out of this world. Alas, the dairy is now defunct, or at least the ice cream part is. No other rocky-roads compare. So my fall-back position would be B&J's NY Super-Fudge Chunk. Do you get the idea that I like ice cream with 'stuff' in it, but that I'm picky as to the nature of the 'stuff'?
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Eyes. Windows of the soul.
15. Red or pink?
Oh, definitely pink!
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
Getting old. I've wasted so much time!
17. Who do you miss the most?
18. What is the Paul McKenna technique that you need to work on the most?
Never heard of him. Is that where this meme came from? I'll go check my multi-national, open-all-hours library, the 'net... back in a moment... Oh. 'Self-help guru.' No answer to that one.
19. What color shoes are you wearing?
Tan. Ish. Hush Puppy walking shoes. Um, I suppose they might technically be labelled as 'taupe'?
20. What was the last thing you ate?
Oh, I'm in the middle of fixing dinner. I just finished washing strawberries and - well, one just sorta CALLED to me--!
21. What are you listening to right now?
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
23. Favorite smells?
Lilacs. Lilies of the valley. And fresh-brewed coffee.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Obscene caller. No kidding. Just the other day I thought 'I suppose free porn on the 'net has put paid to that, at least.' Hah. Last night, 11:15 PM. I handed the phone to Himself and said 'It's for you.' They of course immediately hung up, and a caller ID callback revealed (now here's a surprise) 'Withheld number.'
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Much as I love mountain scenery - beach house. Any kind of waterside. Sooths my soul.
26. Favorite sports to watch?
Olympics. And the sports that go with, such as PanAmerican Games, Commonwealth Games, whatever's going along those lines.
27. Hair color?
I still always put 'dark brown.' The brown ones are few and far between these days, though. Gray hair starts early in my family (I have one uncle who was totally gray - well, white, actually - before he was 30). I pretty much leave it the way it grows.
28. Eye color?
29. Do you wear contacts?
Nope. Can't stand touching my eyeballs.
30. Favorite food?
Apples. Any way they got 'em, from just-picked to apple desserts to apple butter and beyond.
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
32. Last movie you watched?
Hmmm, tough one... The last 'new' movie I watched was Inception (loved it). But the most recent one was Pirates of the Caribbean I - I was on the treadmill.
33. What color shirt are you wearing?
Light gray. Now think about this - tan shoes, gray shirt... I'm just a fashion-plate, lol...
34. Summer or winter?
35. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs, usually. Well, depends who the kisser is!
36. Favorite dessert?
Hot fudge sundae, made with maple-walnut ice cream. Skip the whipped cream - I'm on a diet, lol!
37. Strength training or cardio?
38. Computer or television?
Computer - no question!
39. What book are you reading now?
'The Glass Between Us,' by Eileen Rudnick
40. What is on your mouse pad?
Don't have one.
41. Favorite sound?
42. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Oh, Beatles, no question!
43. What is the farthest you have been away from home?
4187 miles - the distance between England and Barbados. And yes, I loved it!
44. Do you have a special talent?
Well... no. Not really. Skill, maybe, rather than talent. I type really fast.
45. Where were you born?
Upstate NY, not far from the Canadian border.
46. Where are you living now?
Near Warrington, in Cheshire, England.
47. What color is your house?
Dark brown brick.
48. What color is your car?
49. Do you like answering 50 questions?
Yes, sure - I love memes! And yes, there are only 49 - one was missing when I copied the list, lol...