300,000-349,999 SparkPoints 335,750

Emotional (over)Eating

Monday, November 07, 2011

Hey all. Sorry I haven't posted lately. I have just had a string of bad things going on. I think I'm up about three pounds because of way too much of this:

Although I have been tracking the calories and I know I haven't actually overeaten by the 10,500 or so calories it would take to gain three pounds. So some of this must be some water weight.

It's just been really rough this past week and a half and the hits just keep on coming. Now I'm having to deal with a leaking water heater. You can read more on my latest blog. www.foundmyspark.com/201

I don't want to end this on a bummer note, but if you do have any tips you want to share (or things that I really should remember) that deal with emotional eating please do. This is not the first time I have given in to emotional eating, but I am hoping to get a good handle on it.

No one is perfect. Today is a brand new day!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • *AMBER512
    Thank you all so much for your kind comments. I am thankfully taking a much healthier approach to my food thoughts lately.
    3061 days ago
  • no profile photo CD1331346
    emotional eating is the hardest to deal with.. I try and occupy myself with chores errands laundry a phone call to a friend... blogging something other then eating... deal with the emotion and if you still want a treat then let yourself have a treat count it and move on.... his ia tough one but I have to say it works 95% of the time and the other 5% oh well chalk it up to a bad day and move on.. Hug and love!!
    3063 days ago
  • no profile photo CD6266064
    I ate a whole box of Girl Scout cookies in 1 sitting! So, now ... the other 2 boxes are in the freezer. And, all the Halloween candy has come to work (and is NOT on my desk!)
    3063 days ago
    I am soooo there with you! I have been doing just fine resisting all of the stink'n temptations around the house, but the remodeling is getting to me so what do I do - grab a candy bar! grr - I just took them to work with me (despite the crying and whining from the kids and the husband) where I am NOT tempted to eat them at all! I think we are all in the same boat - I think I hear a good workout with lots of sweat calling my name!
    3063 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.