10 Daily Commandments
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
I've had several new adventures in the last couple of months including a new full-time job (casework) to pair up with my part-time teaching position. Now I'm in a hard-core treasure hunt for balance.
This afternoon, I began to evaluate my daily goals and came up with 10 things that I want to do every single day, no matter if I am working, weekending or somewhere in between:
1. Pray: humbly seek God's will, give thanks for our blessings, intercede for others
2. Play outside.
3. Take a few minutes to create a tidier home.
4. Never miss an opportunity to have a moment with my son.
5. Be reluctant to sit in front of the t.v.
6. Keep my eyes open to the needs, fears and hopes of those that surround me.
7. Hold hands with my husband.
8. Have a date with my husband, even if it is just a lit candle on the table with leftovers.
9. Compliment myself.
10. Dare myself to try something new.
"Life is an exciting business, and most exciting whe it's lived for others." ~Helen Keller
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." ~Psalm 32:8