Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Back in the USA, finally. But I gained seven pounds since January, when I first left for France. Frustrating. And I have been living like I'm resigned to being overweight. But no more! I can learn from this and turn it around.
What I've learned about myself:
- I can't have a chocolate bar without finishing it that day.
- One small bowl of Merry Mix is not enough, I will go overboard.
- Saying no to treats gets more and more difficult throughout the day.
- I have to have my night time snack.
- I need protein at breakfast or I will overeat a couple hours later.
- Eating enough food does not stop my brain from convincing me that I need another snack.
Each of these can be learned from and used to prepare for future potential problems. I am not stuck being overweight! I can change.