The Holidays are upon us. Halloween candy, costumes, decorations seem to become more important each year. And before you have a chance to take down those goblins, we're displaying pumpkins, turkeys and rust colored decorations. That doesn't take into account the menu planning, what guests are attending, seeing family that you have managed to stay away from all year.
This article is to warn you of heart attack signs and symptoms. Why????? Because stress is increased during the Holidays.
Heart Attack Warning Signs:
* Chest discomfort: Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
* Discomfort in other areas of the upper body: Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
* Shortness of breath: with or without chest discomfort.
* Other Signs: may include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
Stroke Warning Signs:
* Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg. Especially on one side of the body.
* Confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
* Trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
* Trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
* Severe headache with on known cause.
A lot of stress can accompany the holidays. Heavy foods aren't good for us. Drinking more than normal is not healthy for us. These both put stress on your heart muscle.
Take care of yourselves and have a healthy Thanksgiving.