New Years Resolutions
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
It's that time again! Time to leave the last year behind and look forward to the year ahead. In my brief blog from yesterday, I described what I've been dealing with in 2012. Well that's in the past. Today's blog is going to be a checklist that I'll look back to at the end of the year to see how much I've accomplished.
So. . . here are my resolutions:
1) Work out a minimum of 4x per week. I think that's a happy medium. I went from working out every day in 2011 to working out once/twice a month by the end of 2012. Ideally, I'd like get back to working out every day, but I need to walk before I run.
2) Eat healthy. I need to incorporate more vegetables into every meal and count my calories again, trying not to exceed 1600 calories per day. Also, I'm going to incorporate Meatless Mondays into my weekly menu.
3) Quit smoking. I don't smoke a lot, but I need to kick the habit completely.
4) Take care of my hip. I need to keep up with my orthopedist appointments and actually do the physical therapy prescribed.
5) Take pride in my appearance. No matter if I'm a size two or a twenty two, I should put an effort into what I wear.
6) Get below my lowest weight since starting SP. When I was really active, I got down to 208, losing 52 pounds since starting. Currently I weigh 248, so I gained back 40 pounds of everything I lost. I need to lose those 40 pounds and lose more. I want 2013 to be the year that I'm FINALLY under 200 pounds.
That's really it. Of course I have wishes for things in 2013, but those things are out of my control. This year I want to focus on what I can control, what I can fix about myself and let the rest of it fall where it may.
Happy New Year, everyone! Let's make 2013 the fittest year yet!