Family Drama, the longest day ever at the Vet ER, and my work stress..

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Well It has been a week from HELL! Geez..

Last weekend, I had family drama. Hubbies fam-bam were not playing nice with each other and my husband is the peace maker/fixer so when they have issues guess who gets a phone call?! Him! And then I have to sit and hear all the drama. This week my BIL decided my other BIL wasn't his brother any more because he wasn't nice to my SIL. And then Facebook got involved Yeah.. Stupid drama.. Am I the only one who has this junk go on? I mean seriously if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all! Especially on Facebook. My family is the complete opposite. We just act like we aren't related or even know each other. ha-ha

So by Tuesday night things had finally wound down and people weren't at each others throats or calling John for" he said she said" conversations. It was amazing so we celebrated. We bought burgers and brought them home to enjoy. Then we decided to go to Target to get some groceries and to just shop and get out for the evening. When we came back, Minion, my super adorable doggie decided to get into the trash and ate coffee grounds and the wrapper to my burger. It was the kind that was foil on one side and paper on the other. Well she was bouncing off the walls. We figured it was just the coffee and that she would be okay. That night I was full of energy from the fast food and the few sips of soda I decided to partake in. I stayed up until midnight even though I had to work the next morning. Well one thirty am came and my doggy wasn't feeling good. She kept needing to go out side and she couldn't go potty. She would act like she had to go and then nothing would come out. Then she would do that doggy yoga stretch thing and would act like one of her legs hurt and lean to the other side. Finally she came inside and just laid on the bed shaking uncontrollably and she just looked like she was in pain. This cycle of going out no potty and then come in and shake went until about 330am and I finally called the ER Vet. They are about 45 minutes away. We got there at almost 5. They checked Minion out and said she should take some Pepcid and she will be okay. We arrived home around 730am. I called in sick to work. I was so sleepy. I was hoping to rest. NOPE. Minion started throwing up and shaking even more. Can we not win?! We tried to call her normal vet. They would not be able to see her until almost 3 that afternoon. So we called the ER vet and they asked us to bring her in immediately. By this time I had this terrible idea in my head that my burger wrapper had hurt her stomach and she was going to die. I was a wreck but I kept calm. John, my hubby was a total wreck. I have never seen him in such a panic/freak out mode. I swear he had tears while we were waiting in the vet to see what they said. Well several blood tests, x-rays, and hours later, we found that little Minion had a bit of the wrapper stuck in her intestines and stomach but she had thrown the rest up. Her organs were a bit swollen from the irritation but with drugs and hydration she will be okay. So they put a hydration bubble deal under her skin. The coolest thing. She looked like a camel. LOL Plus we have too give her some pills and liquid medicine for the next week or so until she gets feeling better. We got home that day at 1230pm. I have never gone without sleep for so long like that. I have no clue how I get the strength to even deal with that. If you haven't figured it out already, Minion is like my child. I have no kids currently and she is my everything. I love her to pieces. I know I probably sound like a nut. But oh well. That is just me.

Today Minion is feeling a lot better. She barks at people when they walk by the house and at random birds that fly by the window so I know she is feeling good. But we are watching her close and praying that we never ever have anything like that happen again. We moved our trash can into our garage so she cant get into it while we aren't home.

Thursday, I show up to work and the crazy lady that retired who swears I cant do my job was there. Hooray! NOT!! She told me my bank records were missing $27,000 and I saw the mistake that she didn't and told her it would take me a day to fix and for her to come back. She refused. And stayed. I worked on that from 10-430 and she just milled around the office on the clock and just drove my assistant and I insane!! She started talking about politics, and she was going off on tangents about things I didn't agree with and didn't really care to hear her opinion about. Finally she gets working on her work and then at 5 tells me she couldn't finish it and would be back next week. AH! Poke me in the eye. So Friday rolls around, Im officially two days behind now because the day before's fun. And guess what?! I turn on my computer and all my icons are gone and there is a folder on my desktop that I have never seen but I click on it and it asks me for some network password that I don't know. My boss is uber nutty about things (imagine a 65 year old Sheldon from the big bang theory and you have him to the t). He built the system that we use for our books and sales records. So its not like I can google an answer. And somehow it is all tied in with the rest of the system of my computer. He tired to explain to me one day how it worked but I swear he was talking about something way way way beyond my level or even sense of caring. LOL And since his name is on the building (his words not mine) he doesn't arrive when the work day begins at 8. Yeah, try 11-1130. So I had to sit there for three hours with no way to work on my stuff. He came in and I swear he put in a couple passwords and within 5 minutes I was up and ready to work. I was so annoyed. I am so behind at work and this month we do our year end. So I am super stressed.

I think I am going to start blogging some more. It was suggested to me that I should blog to get things off my chest and that it could help me on my weight loss journey.

That's what Im going to do.

I cant promise it will be daily but Im going to shoot for a few days out of the week.

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    NO fur babies are so important in our lives. I even have a friend who shares her fur baby with me its called going to Grandmas for a few days and time to get spoiled some more. Glad things are going better for your baby. i have to agree computers and sure be stressful and take a special touch at times and the people who speak what I call computer don;t understand those of us who don't i am with you i don't speak computer either very well. Hope your work week goes better and the Hamburger wrappers stay in the trash can emoticon emoticon
    2290 days ago
    Wow, what a week!! Glad your baby is ok! You deserve to take a rest day today!! emoticon
    2291 days ago

    Comment edited on: 10/13/2013 1:20:22 PM
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.