Steps To A Longer Life
Monday, October 28, 2013
In a large new European study published in May, researchers tracked the diets and disease rates of almost 380,000 people for 13 years. Those who followed at least six of these seven recommendations (five of six for men) cut their risk of dying from cancer and other diseases by 34%:
1. Breast-feed your child the first 6 months of life.
2. Stay lean and fit.
3. Eat a plant-based diet.
4. Limit the intake of alcohol.
5. Limit the intake of red meat.
6. Limit the intake of high-calorie foods.
7. Limit the intake of sugary drinks.
Source: Consumer Reports on Health, August 2013