Taking Stock of where I am
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
It has been 5 years since I found my way to sparkpeople. Although I still haven't accomplished all the weight loss I would like I started thinking about all the good things I did accomplish along the way. There was quite a few once I started thinking about it:
1. Quit drinking diet soda
2. Down 22 lbs. since then
3. More mindful of my eating, picking healthier choices
4. No more binge eating when I am upset or mad
5. Being more active, even though right now I have a foot problem.
6. Drink plenty of water each day
7. Learning not to beat up on myself when I haven't been so good!
8. When I would like a treat I don't have to have the whole thing - I have a little and that's it. Its enough to cure my craving.
9. There are some items I have no control over how much I eat - cookies, potato chips, anything in the salty family. I don't buy these and have them at home because they are my trigger foods.
It is so easy to pick apart and find the things you have done wrong, but isn't it better to look at the positives you did achieve? I know I am much better off after finding sparkpeople. I may not be getting ahead by leaps and bounds but I am slowly getting the habits I want to have and that will make a big difference going forward. So give yourself a pat on the back and think about all the great things you have accomplished here at sparkpeople!!