SOFT_VAL67
100,000-149,999 SparkPoints 119,144
SparkPoints
 

mold mildew and malaise

Saturday, September 06, 2014

I know I am probably going to sound like a hypochondriac and maybe I am becoming one, but I have been doing some reading and I believe I have developed this neurological problem, what is causing the numbness in my foot, from exposure to black mold. Very high exposure.
Here is my reason why I feel this way.
I own an older mobile home and no one has lived there for some time. In June, I was staying there and stayed there for about 2 weeks, well, after I came home, the very first night home, was the first time I noticed my foot feeling like it was asleep.
The only problem was, it never woke up and it has been this way ever since.
Tests, including NCV tests have shown a mild to moderate neuropathy in my foot and leg.
But no real cause.
So, recently I went back there for a visit, and ended up spending three nights there.
By the second morning, my eyes were dry and itchy, skin itchy and there was a nasty smell on all my clothes and even my laptop bag had a funky odor.
By the second night, I was coughing and had to turn on the air filter, I had to get up at 4 am and go outside and sit on the porch to get some fresh breath.
Now, I have been home several days and my hands and my other foot are feeling tingly and numb.
Not as bad or the same feeling as the left foot, but similar.
My throat is itchy and sore and that funky smell is still on my clothes, I threw some of my dogs toys away because I could not get that smell out.
I laundered everything I had with me, twice and wiped my other belongings, such as my laptop and purse off with disinfectant cleaners.

I read that there are several different blood and urine and tissue tests that can determine exposure to mold, but that they arent covered by insurance???
Why is that, because so many people would be diagnosed with mold exposure that the doctors would have to stop prescribing medicine for all these other trumped up disorders???
I have read that mold exposure can not only cause neurological disorders, but tooth decay, eye disorders, lung disorders, cancers, infertility, muscle pain and even depression.

I really think this is an under-diagnosed problem and people should demand that their insurance companies cover testing for this.
Imagine the people who would be spared years of taking medicines for the wrong thing.
Taking medications and not getting well, because of the wrong diagnosis.
I do not return to my doctor again until November, but I am going to ask her if it would be possible for me to get this blood or urine test.
and when I go back to my orthopeadist this week over my foot, I am going to ask him.
If this numbness continues for the next few days I am going to make an appointment with a neurologist.
Doctors visits!!!
Something I would love to be able to do once a year for a routine checkup and not because I am having so many health issues.
Mold exposure, yes, I do believe that has to be a contributing factor.
And as for now, hopefully I can get this funky smell off my belongings and get that old trailer removed and not go back there anymore.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • GORDON66
    I think you can buy a mold testing kit at the drug store. That would be a good place to start.

    Good luck!
    2243 days ago
  • no profile photo CD2244567
    emoticon emoticon
    2243 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment


    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
 

More Blogs by SOFT_VAL67