2-23-15 Revisiting tools for anti binging
Monday, February 23, 2015
A few days ago I wrote a blog about me realizing I needed to find tools to anti binge. I did not get the time to look into this the way I wanted to, but I did keep it in mind all weekend. I read what a very intelligent friend on here said, I thought about things and came up with a few things.
1) Acknowledge I have an issue and own it
2) Put my all into countering the urge to binge
3) Realize I have come a very long way and conquered many bad habits that resulted in binging
4) Be aware of the times or events that make me fall into binging
5) This is most important to me currently because I truly feel it will help me- routine. Follow a routine so I am memorizing how I am doing things in the correct healthy way. This also occupies my mind thus not having me trigger into binging, instead making sure I stay with my routine.
6) Allow myself a bed time snack. This makes me feel like I am not being punished. It also helps my blood sugar over night when my body is deprived of food while I sleep it spills the glucose in my liver making my blood sugar go high. A bed time snack is helpful.
7) Be more aware of stressful situations. This will help me deal with the trigger feelings I get that make me want to binge.
I know I will always have issues. No one is meant to be perfect. But I am and forever will be a work in progress. A beautiful, smart, worthy of happiness and good health...work in progress.