BL 2015 "Spring Into Shape" Challenge... Pre-week Challenge Letter
Tuesday, March 03, 2015
So as part of our "pre-challenge" activities, I am supposed to write a letter to myself about my goals for the challenge, as well as how I plan to achieve those goals. So, here goes...
This challenge will lead me up to my first "motivation"... my 2-week vacation to Florida at the beginning of May, which will include a Caribbean cruise! (I have a couple more throughout this year, including a huge birthday party at the lake in July, and a wedding in Vegas in October... but for now, I'm focusing on the first one) So obviously, my motivation is at an all-time high, as I know that I will be nowhere near my goal weight by the end of this challenge... BUT I would like to be progressing towards that point as much as possible!
So... what are my actual goals?
1. Reach my short-term goal of 10% weight loss (less than 249 lbs)
2. Fit into the sundresses that I purchased for my cruise 2 yrs ago when it was originally scheduled (need to lose b/t 1-2 inches from abdomen)
3. Think of working out as a "hobby" or "habit" instead of a chore or duty
So... how will I achieve these goals?
1. Follow my nutritional guidelines / restrictions set forth by Sparkpeople
2. Eliminate alcohol from my weekend splurges over the next 8 weeks
3. Keep healthy snacks & freggies on hand to prevent grabbing previous bad choices
4. Fully participate in 8-wk fitness challenge being held by my gym to keep workouts on track
a. Attend at least 1 class at gym each week (Zumba, kickboxing or water aerobics)
b. Participate in 1 "Gym Circuit" strength class each week
c. Perform "partner weight workout" at least 2x/week w/ my challenge partner at gym
d. Complete minimum of 150 minutes of cardio each week (including class time, walks, swimming & cardio machines at gym)
5. All of these workouts will be scheduled as appointments on my calendar to help prevent me from blowing them off... plus I will be held accountable to my partner, not just myself
So... that's the "how-to's" and "what for's" of this new Spring challenge... pretty straight forward... "cut & dried" as my mom always said. In closing, I just have one more thing to include, and that is a little reminder to myself:
When I start to lose my motivation (and I will), remember this isn't just for "vanity" reasons, but also for my health.
When I start to get bored w/ the routine, remember there is always a way to mix things up and make it seem new & fresh again.
And finally, when I start to feel overwhelmed by everything I want to accomplish, remember that I got this... just 1 step after another & I'll soon be at the finish line!