Who LOVES Spring?
Monday, March 16, 2015
With the forecast of temperatures hitting 60 and the sun possibly making an appearance I decided to head to one of our county parks for a hike/walk today. That's always a rejuvenating experience after another long miserable winter keeping me depressed and indoors for as much as possible. What occurred during today's outing was a reminder to me of just why I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SPRING:
- Birds greeting me with their chirping, tweeting and cawing
- Squirrels searching for Fall's hidden treasures
- Park trails back in use by so many people who have been stuck indoors
- Happy smiling people, many of whom were walking very grateful dogs
- Laughing babies in strollers being pushed by moms needing to get out of the house
- Remnants of winter's snow trying unsuccessfully to hang on
- The sounds of crackling ice as it breaks apart one last time before it disappears, evaporating
- The sun trying so hard to break through the clouds to warm us inside and out
- Sites and sounds of rambling rivers overflowing from the winter's thaw
- The promise of warmth and regrowth bringing crocus, daffodils and tulips
- The tapping of Maple trees
- Kids in boots finding puddles. Moms and dads who giggle along side them.
- The slow steady gait of joggers finding their warm weather strides
- Visible bird nests on bare branches
- Bare branches ready to burst worth in blossom
- The beautiful fresh clean air. Inhaling deeply!
Yes, I LOVE SPRING