August Goals (seeking to make at least one goal each for spirit, soul and body) were:
August goal 1--Write down the verses that God uses to move me forward in the journey to renewing my mind. Write relevant ones on cards, post it notes, or electronic notes and post in strategic places as reminders.
* Done, but could have done better. A few of the verses I used:
-“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- “ Arise, for this matter is your responsibility. We also are with you. Be of good courage, and do it.” Ezra 10:4
- “…Put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:24
August goal 2--Every day, write down one healthy choice I made that day.
* I failed on this. I did well the first half of the month, then somehow it totally slipped my mind. My goal in this was to stop from beating myself up for my bad choices, but to realize that I do make healthy choices as well.
* What would be a good “disciplinary” action for me?
August goal 3--Track my food on Spark People every Monday--the good, the bad and the ugly. Monday is my choice because (1) I work from home and have more time; and (2) I work from home and find keeping my hands out of snacks more challenging on those days.
August goal 4--Take a walk, even if just 10 minutes, at least once per week.
I missed one week because I procrastinated until Saturday. And it so happened over the weekend that I was just exhausted. I think I was fighting a sinus infection. And I made the conscious decision to rest instead. This past week, I did not walk, but spent 5 hours painting the exterior of our house, and up and down a ladder.
In addition, I want to continue to weigh myself once a week (done), drink my 8 cups of water daily (done) and do another 3 day sugar fast (done). The sugar fast really helps me to keep my focus as much as anything I have tried, I believe.
*The sugar fast almost seemed to work against me this time. After it was over, I found myself justifying and eating sweets in excess.
I'm finding renewing my mind a challenge. Finding increased desire, but still not the desire that I wish to have to seize this and make it mine.
All told, I lost 5 pounds and gained back 3, although I don’t really feel that the gain was due to my eating, but just one of those anomalies that I can never quite explain about how my body works.
September goals are determined--will publish soon.