Sunday, December 27, 2015
One of my biggest goals for 2015 was to switch to a less stressful job - did that at the end of the year by going to a 60% job with blocks of time off which really should set me up in 2016 to take advantage of more time to exercise. I ended the year at 143# which is still higher than I want to be. My goal for 2016: by the end of February drop to 135# and then maintain this new "set point". To do so:
1) visit my blog at the beginning of each month and set a goal for that month (weekly was too much last year and I stopped)
2) when traveling for work don't worry about tracking but rather focus on choosing healthy food over sweets and wine - moderation!
3) on my off weeks, such as the month of Feb, use most of that time for vacations that offer lots of opportunity to exercise
4) continue to build in regular yoga and st along with cardio - maintain that balance
Feb 28th update:
I had a great month off in Feb and averaged 16K steps a day so got a lot of hiking in. I didn't eat poorly and lost a couple of pounds the month but went into the vacation at 145 so am still at 143 where i started the year. So I will take this one month at a time. For March:
1) try to get down to 140 - 3#. In the next three weeks while at home focus on getting back into a routine of a variety of exercise (90-120 min a day) and tracking food. For the last two weeks when traveling focus on healthy choices in eating and an average of an hour of exercise a day.
April 3rd update: During the month of March I averaged 13K steps a day - I did well with exercise/OK with food but not as disciplined as I'd like. I expected to decrease from the vacation month prior as I was back to work and I was trying to build back in both time for stretching, strength and biking. I didn't track many days especially due to travel and only lost 1# total. As I look forward, travel is more the norm than being home so I need to set up a better pattern while on the road. My goal for this month: Track at least 80% time; continue at least 60 min of exercise a day; weekly CICOs of 3500+; drop to 140#
May 1st update: I averaged 11K steps per day and did not track many days; I'm up and down on weight but currently 142.5. My goals for this coming month since I'm traveling most of it is to take the time early and late each day to create a plan for the day on how to fit in 5+ freggies and 1+ hr of exercise; to see how flexible I can be when obstacles get in my way and to really think about what derails me. And again I want to drop to 140# and be there or below consistently so I can change my set point (and then start the harder part of going to 135).