Jan 1 2017 - a new year, a new opportunity
Sunday, January 01, 2017
2016 was a tough year. I had a great new job with wonderful time off to spend with my husband camping and that was tremendous.
But my brother disappeared hiking and still we have not found his body. I miss him terribly and am just glad to stay close to all of our family.
Our youngest daughter continues to struggle - with an alcoholic boyfriend and she not willing to leave the situation - she's adrift.
And the election just threw me into despair about what that means for our country and the world.
My boss left for another great opportunity so my job is a bit up in the air.
Finally, I've been eating horribly and gaining weight - am now at an all time-high (at least for the last five years).
SO - I'm writing this to make some commitments which include:
1) Better eating NOW, not tomorrow; start to track again if that's what it takes
2) Back into yoga and ST, not just walking
3) Continue to focus on time off with my husband out in the natural world
4) Continue to give lots of love to both my daughters AND not let my youngest daughter's decisions throw me into a tailspin
5) Continue to spend a lot of time with my mom and remaining brothers - hold them close!