Recipe Review: Rachael Ray Beef Noodle Soup
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Today we tried this recipe: www.rachaelraymag.com/re
. It made the house smell wonderful, but taste-wise wasn't anything special. Here are our impressions:
1. The recipe calls for 8 ounces of beef, meaning 2 ounces per person. We would have preferred twice the beef, or at least 3 ounces per serving.
2. The recipe calls for a whole pound of noodles, meaning 4 ounces (2 servings) per person. I used only 7 ounces of rice vermicelli instead of rice pho, and the soup was too noodle-heavy.
3. Even with the fresh herbs, the soup itself seemed pretty bland. It had a pleasant flavor, but was nothing special. Hubby ate his with Sriracha sauce, but I don't do heat, so didn't have that option.
4. The herbs and bean sprout garnish are the only veggies in the soup, so this doesn't qualify as a complete meal.
5. The recipe was easy to make and pretty quick, so that was a plus.
So, we won't be making this one again.