A Merry & Affordable Christmas
Thursday, December 14, 2017
I'm on a mission to help my family have a Merry Christmas without going broke. A meaningful Christmas does not have to involve giving until it hurts or sets the family into financial crises mode.
1. Create an event! use your imagination to make a party festive with simple things. I bought seven Christmas coffee mugs in July for a dollar. There are eight plates to go with the mugs. I'm going to buy some teas, and make a special Christmas Eve event.
2. Celebrate with books. I bought a Grinch mask, and make the day special reading The Grinch Who Stole Christmas with a child wearing the mask. Kids love it!
3. Beautiful packaging! Make a bag and wrap the gift in it. Bags also keep gifts separate from other people's gifts. Don't just dress up your gifts! Put on your best clothes, and look awesome!
4. Make your own gifts. Go on Pinterest, and find some DIY presents.
5. Twice loved gifts. Second hand is a good way to go when you're on a budget.
6. Share your heart! Tell someone how special they are to you. When you tell someone how much and why you think that they're special, you make the holidays very special. Take time to care by using your words.
7. Be satisfied with your gifts. Remember, it's the thought that counts. Be thoughtful in your giving. This requires time and energy, but it's worth it! You will be glad that you did!