Developing A Night Time Routine
Thursday, January 03, 2019
I have been having problems getting to sleep and staying asleep since my husband passed away 17 years ago. I have the whole time try to go to sleep every time I lie down I hear a short audio clip from a radio station I hear the people talking and recognize their voices but can't make out what they are talking about. I talked years ago to my psychiatrist at the time and she said that it sounds more neurological than psychological. I still have not talked to a neurologist about it. I believe this is what my husband was last listening to when the car accident happened. When I get up the talking stops.
I am going to work on a bedtime routine and hopefully this will start to work and I can sleep at night again.
1. do some sparking
2. Take a hot shower
3. Brush my teeth and floss
4. I will work on my skincare regimen again, it nice to pamper myself.
5. Wear clean warm spa socks
6. Lay out my clothes for tomorrow.
7.. Set an alarm
8. Review my planner and to do's for next day
9. Reflect on my day and write down 3 things I am grateful for each day
11. Read 1 Chapter of a book.