It's Good to Be Back
Sunday, February 17, 2019
I haven't been on SparkPeople for quite some time. It's good to be back. It's sad to see that some of my SparkFriends are no longer here but I am excited to catch up with the ones that are still here as well as meet some new ones.
Even though I'm just starting back at SparkPeople, I'm not restarting from the beginning of my weight loss journey. On December 10, 2018 I rejoined Weight Watchers (probably for the 15th time in my life - having joined for the first time when I was a teenager). I had been successful with losing 100 pounds on the program once around 1993 when it was still the exchange program. I was about 30 pounds from goal and then they introduced the point system. And struggled after that. I managed to keep the weight off for about 5 years, but then I got married and the weight came back on steadily over the years. Like a lot of people, I've tried pretty much every diet out there. But Weight Watchers is the one I keep coming back too. And I have to say, I really like their newest program and I intend to make it to goal this time. Since I joined on Dec. 10th, I have only had one week with a gain (last week) and I'm down a total of 19 points. Woo hoo!
Here are a few things that are different this time:
- I am focusing on the positive.
- There is nothing that I cannot have but there are things that I CHOOSE not to have
- Eating healthy feels good.
- I am focused on personal growth in all areas of my life (which happens to include weight loss) and not focused solely on weight loss.
- I have established some priorities in my life as to what's most important and filtering things through those priorities.
- I am living more intentionally instead of passively just going through the motions and getting through the day.
Yes, 2019 is my year for change. And the awesome thing is my husband and I are doing this together. I have a feeling that this is going to be a good year for us. God is in control and we are striving to follow His lead and it's exciting to see things as they unfold.
Thanks for joining me on my journey!