almost back to normal
Monday, August 26, 2019
this has been a summer with lots of changes.
I found a new job and I love it.
I broke a leg had surgery and now I am almost completely back to normal. No more crutches, walker or cane.
I can tell you I've learned a lot from not being allowed to put any weight on a leg for 6 weeks.
- 2 arms are never as strong as a leg
- being on crutches with no way of putting a leg down is like having you arms cut off. You can't carry anything
- there are quite a bit of things that have been organized for handicaped people but nothing for the temporarely handicaped
- being overweight is awfull when on crutches. One more reason to get back to a healthy weight!
To get to a healthy weitht I will :
- walk more
- walk faster
- Be consistent with the fall challenge and the weight ins
- Do the exercises I was given as rehabilitation for my leg
This fall I won't go to the gym because I will be in school 4 nights a week. So I need to get stronger and walk from the train to work, from work to school and the days I work from home, I have to go for a walk and do some cardio.
Hopefully that will help me lose the weight