Working the Plan!
Thursday, November 07, 2019
I have a simple plan to help control Type 2 Diabetes(T2D) in my body. This plan is so simple that when my life is falling apart (as it has recently), I can still work this plan. It involves a few things that I do every week:
1. Always have the low carb snacks first! I bought a $20 hard-boiled egg maker, and use it every week.
2. I buy low sugar and low carb bars and keep them on hand all the time.
3. I don't cook pasta, and seldom cook rice for the family. I will cook quinoa on occasion. They can cook their own.
4. Every day possible, I walk at least 10K steps. I think that I've missed 2 days in October.
5. I speak up and tell people that I am on a T2D eating plan, and make no excuses for taking care of myself.
6. I visit SparkPeople every day to log my food, exercise and get encouragement.
7. I readjust my plan, adding new foods and making changes as often as I see a new idea that might fit with my current plan. Change keeps me on my toes, the regular plan keeps me moving forward.