Thursday, November 14, 2019
Yesterday's featured article on Personal Health Teams got me thinking about me. I have a team, and perhaps I don't use it enough. In fact, now is my time to make a few changes to maximize my team.
1. My PCP. Dr. Perez is my go-to person for my medical perspective and medication. He has a naturopathic approach to medicine, and I appreciate that.
2. Yoga & Meditation. I have been attending meditation sessions every Friday night. I'm adding the Monday night Yoga to the mix. I'm finding that this combination helps me with the stress levels I've been experiencing. The leader of the meditation group is also a psychologist and has great advice on handling the family dynamics of mom being in the nursing home.
3. My Chiropractor. I have been receiving adjustments Dr. Houston every 5 weeks, and currently, plan on changing it to 8 weeks with the addition and expense of the yoga. She is the person who sells me high-quality supplements.
4. Massage therapy. I have been receiving great massages from Sue for over 5 years. I'm changing from every 5 weeks to every 8 weeks. Sue is also my go-to person for herbal remedies.
5. My friends & husband often make observations and give me advice on what will help me. I listen closely.
Team Jackie keeps me moving forward and doing my best.
Do you have a team? As a team, we achieve more!