Goals & Gratitude 11/16/19
Saturday, November 16, 2019
I woke up at 4:15 this morning, and when I couldn't get back to sleep, I decided to get up. I have been super productive, which is great. I cooked breakfast and part of dinner, did laundry, and did the dishes already. I am going to the market to pick up the things I forgot to get yesterday (does that happen to you???) and then I am going to come home and work on homework. I haven't had much time to Spark as I've been so busy studying. I have lots to do in this last month of school, and then I *finally* get a much-needed two week break. I made a new recipe for breakfast, steel cut oats with dates and walnuts. It could have been a little sweeter, but I resisted the urge to add sugar to it. It made four large servings so I now have three containers of leftovers. I am making a vegan shepherd's pie for dinner tonight. I cooked the squash the tops it earlier so it's ready when I go to cook tonight. It sounds really yummy and I am looking forward to it.
I took my foster kitty, Cookie, to the vet yesterday. She has been vomiting a lot. Dr. Fine thinks it's her food, but we're running blood work to check for any underlying causes. If it is the food, I will have to buy prescription food for her. She was very upset going to the vet. I talked with the vet techs and they recommended Feliway spray which mimics cats' pheromones and is used to help them calm down. I came home and researched it and ordered a diffuser off of Amazon to try to see if it improves relations between Tang and Felix and help Cookie calm down. I need to have it plugged in for at least a week to see results. I'm hopeful.
1) Finish projects for Excel and do Ch. 2 Quiz.
2) Finish Bookkeeping Ch. 5 and continue to work on Ch. 6.
3) Put away laundry and change sheets.
4) Clean out freezer.
5) Cut up plums for jam and freeze.
Today I'm Grateful For...
1) I haven't gotten to post this, but a woman at church was pregnant with triplets. She was on bed rest and delivered them this week. They are early but doing really well (28 weeks). Their names are Anthony, Alexander, and Adrianna and their parents names are Shadi and Suzie if you would like to say a prayer for them.
2) That I woke up early and rested.
3) That my grocery bill was significantly lower this week.