OK, so I'm working on my SMART goals for the BLC, and here is what I've come up with for January. It looks like a lot, but each goal is very small. At the end of January, I will look back over these goals and see how I did and see what needs tweaking. I've made a page in my notebook to track my goals along the way to see how they are progressing.
Food - My overall food goal is to build healthy, consistent, nurturing eating habits.
1. I will pack a lunch every day.
2. On days I don't go straight home, I'll pack a lunch big enough for a small dinner.
3. I will not worry about the school lunch menu. If I'm able to eat something, I'll be happy and save my packed food for the next day.
4. I will keep my fridge and freezer stocked with nutritious food that I enjoy.
5. When I eat off plan, I will reflect about why that was and use it as a learning opportunity.
Fitness - My overall fitness goal for January is to work on flexibility, strength, and recovery from neck pain
1. I will go to the gym 2x/week.
2. I will finish my workouts with a proper stretching session
3. If my shoulder feels better, I'll go bouldering 1x/week
4. I'll get 10K steps daily
5. I'll get back to stretching when I first wake up.
Fun - I HAVE to reduce stress. There is a lot happening between now and the end of March, and I need to be able to handle it all with grace
1. I will reach for a book when I want to relax instead of automatically watching something.
2. I will try to discover some new music to listen to.
3. I will be intentional about contacting people for coffee or chats.
4. I will give myself a spa night at least once a week (skin care, bath, go to bed early)
5. I will build a consistent habit of reading my Bible every day.