As I prepare for 5 weeks in South America, I am doing my best to ready the house, plan for the dogs, get through a zillion to do lists, and start packing.
Update about our cruise. 7 of us were planning on traveling together, but the couple from Malaysia decided not to go. Even though their flight was routed through Europe they feel there is too much risk of Corona Virus at airports, with people from everywhere. No surprise they will not get a refund from the cruise line but they are ok with that.
I have several exhausting projects on the go.
1) I am busy depersonalizing the house to make room for the dog/house sitters (my DD and her family). I will clean out the fridge, tidy the pantry, empty and move the fridge freezer contents to the chest freezer, stock up on sundry products. Clear out the medicine cabinet, coat closet, bedroom closets. Leave the whole house clean, fresh, and tidy ready to receive them.
2) Round up ALL the clothes I have shrunk out of and donate them to the TOPS auction. It's a little scary because one batch is my 'favorite fat clothes', insurance in case I gain back 40 pounds. I have to let go of the past and move on to my next weight milestone.
3) Return online purchases that didn't work out. I learned I can't judge the quality of the material and how it will drape on my body. Some materials are thin, scratchy and clingy.
4) Need to see doctor before I go. A toe I broke 20 years ago and never got set, has decided it might become a hammer toe. It's only been a couple days that it's started to hurt, and that's not good for the walking tours we are doing.
5) Packing - It is exhausting trying on clothes to see how they fit, then deciding what combination of clothes go together, and putting them on as an outfit complete with shoes and jewellery.
Done - yellow fever, etc. shots. Shopping for clothes (just about), toiletries, medications, dog supplies, some of the food for the flight.
Hubby and I had a very nice Valentine's Day together. We went for his and her massages, lunch at our favorite Indian restaurants (which was packed), shopped for dog supplies, came home and took our dogs to the dog park for their Valentine gift. Then tonight hubby's lodge had a special couples event at the casino/race track. There was a lovely buffet dinner, we fed the ponies (wagered bets), and had lively conversation. Later I went to the casino with two of my friends.
Something extra special today, my laptop which was watered damaged when I was flying home from Edmonton in December, is now repaired and working very well.... $915 later, but still cheaper than buying a new one. I am so glad I can touch type again!