YAY!!! Last 5% Weigh In & Things Are Opening
Saturday, May 30, 2020
Thrilled I lost 6.4 pounds in the 2020 Spring 5% Challenge. Other challenges in my life seemed to distract me at times, but I wanted a strong finish this last week. I accomplished an important milestone - I am no in the 180's! At 176.4 my weight can fluctuate a bit and I will still be a 170-er.
Week 1 4/11/20 182.8
Week 2 4/18/20 181.6
Week 3 4/25/20 181.2
Week 4 5/07/20 182.8
Week 5 5/09/20 183.0
Week 6 5/16/20 183.0
Week 7 5/23/20 180.6
Week 8 5/30/20 176.4
Food. Back to regular meals 1500 calorie target.
Sleep. Will try no sleeping pill tonight.
Exercise. Day 3 of group exercise.
NOOM - link something you like to do with something you don't like to do - link a reward to a duty. I am building my list and this motivational tool does work.
1) I walk the dog/listen to an audio book. 4 PM hubby and I walk the dogs together and we chat. It makes our dogs so happy when we all go together and have playtime in the field.
2) Go to bed earlier/watch a TV show. Don't watch much TV so it's enjoyable.
3) Slimfast = good weigh ins. Aim for one day a week, or 3 Slimfast breakfasts.
4) Daily videochat & YouTube exercise at 11 AM with my friends. Makes it a habit and fun.
I got some SparkMails asking about exercise with Facebook videochat and a YouTube exercise video. I hope I am describing this well enough.
Today 6 of us IRL friends did a videochat & YouTube exercise video at 11 AM, each from our own homes.
Equipment required 1) a device to show the YouTube video 2) another device to connect to Facebook Messenger Group. We cast the exercise video to our TV, and I open up Facebook on my laptop. I haven't tried it but maybe it can be done with just one device.
1) In Facebook Messenger create a group with the names of people who are participating in your group. Our group is called 11 AM Exercise.
2) Set a time to meet online each day.
3) Take turns selecting a YouTube exercise video of the day, and message the link to the group the night before. Note details about special equipment - weights, chair, stretch bands.
4) Position your Facebook device so you can be see and be seen. Don't forget your water!
5) At 10:56 AM I send a Messenger telephone call to the group. We all answer, turn on our video and microphone, so all can be heard and seen.
6) We talk and try to synchronize the start of the video, but if it's off a bit we try again or just shut off our microphones. When we do a countdown and start, there is usually an audio delay and it doesn't work out. So we each listen to our own video, or if it's fairly close I will shut off my YouTube audio, and listen to someone else, then we can talk if we want, but usually don't.
7) When it is over we chat for a bit, just like we would at the gym and the next person is named to choose an exercise video.
We are doing the seniors' exercises because we are not all at the same fitness level. It's great to have fitness friends again.
Today we took Royce to the groomers so I ordered butter chicken and extra spicy butter chicken (Indian) pizzas and several other types for pickup . I came home, cooled off the pizzas, packaged them up and put them in the freezer without tasting. We go out so seldom I try to combine things.
In the next while we may have family members over for a meal. I will likely have disposable plates/utensils, cans of soda, a microwave in the garage, and frozen pizza to serve. Each person can nuke their own food and wipe down the microwave with sani-wipes. We can space ourselves out in the backyard.
I learned today that our province, B.C. was much different for COVID-19 Stay At Home orders than the other provinces. I read 'A growing number of Canadian shop workers are back on the job, after the easing of government orders that had closed most stores in Canada except in British Columbia.' Here any type of store that sold food could stay open. Restaurants and fast food could opt to do take out orders. Home Depot, Walmart, COSTCO, $ Store, pet, liquor, pharmacy, medical supply, gas stations stayed open. Today I saw a hair, nail and tanning salons are open. The local pub and playgrounds opened yesterday. Schools open Monday. Here we have the fewest new cases since March, some days it's zero. As good as this all sounds, next week we are getting restocked for a possible second wave. We continue to wear our masks when we must be out at shops. Around our neighborhood we all social distance so no masks.
Misc. info - there is a ban on large cruise ships in Canadian waters extended through to October. The federal government is discussing a 4 day work week so more workers can participate in the labor market. Interesting to see where that goes.
What is life like where you are?