Sunday, August 02, 2020
I'm writing this on the second day of August, which is sure to be another hot and humid day. Before I begin the activities of the day, I'm taking some time to reflect on what kind of month July was.
July brought time with close friends, a camping excursion, hiking, and bike rides. It brought calorie tracking on most days and more hydration; however, it didn't bring many days where I stayed within calorie goal and, subsequently, no weight loss. I recognized a few trends:
* Some days I didn't track until the END of the day and the "damage" was already done
* I succumbed to procrastination and anxiety eating -> one of my major challenges
* I didn't plan ahead well to consider what I would eat for the day
Armed with the information above, I am considering what I need to do to make progress in August:
* Plan ahead to determine what I will eat for the day
* Make tea and/or chew gum when I am feeling stressed
* Track after every meal to see where I am at for the day
* Limit those summer alcohol drinks
* If I get ice cream, save some for the next night
My PowerSheets goal planner is all set for August. I love marking off goals that I have completed and having my August Tending List ready to go is always a big help.