Control What You Can
Thursday, October 22, 2020
I'm finishing up Week 8 of teaching 8th grade during COVID-19. I'm in Wisconsin, which might set off some red flags for people who follow hot spots. In general, I'm a laid back teacher who is really flexible with plans changing, etc., but this year has pushed me to the limits. Sometimes I need to focus on what I can control.
First, what I can't control:
* students needing to quarantine for two weeks and learn virtually
* sudden decisions being made about my job and life by those in authority
What I CAN control:
* eating healthy
* getting fitness minutes in
* showing my students I care about them as people
* drinking enough water
* spending time with my family and enjoying every second
* showing love to my family
* being kind to my co-workers
* being the teacher my students need
* taking time for a break when I am getting stressed
On a good note, my weight is back down to 149. (School stress added a few pounds, but they are gone again.) I am also on a mission to hit 1000 fitness minutes this month. It's going to be a tall order, but my German Shepherd will appreciate all the extra walks.
Take care of yourselves, Sparkers!