Concentrating on being more mindful
Saturday, January 02, 2021
I really am not successful with New Years Resolutions. Instead I am focusing on certain goals each month. January I want to be more aware of all that is around me.
1. Appreciate eating healthier foods. Learn to savor flavors and try to eat more consistently though out the day.
2. Drink more water and tea. I purchased 3 new water bottles to take to work to make sure I drink more often during work day. I get so busy so will set a fifteen or twenty minute reminder to DRINK UP!
3. Exercise needs to a part of my daily routine. I'm hoping to rise at 4:30 am and make exercising the start of my day. I've done this in the past. I truly felt better and was wide awake and ready to take on the day. I am ready for bed bed by 8:30 pm, read and fast asleep by 9:00.
4. Breakfast before leaving home. I love oatmeal on cold winter days I'll learn to be creative and try new things.
5. Plan ahead. Prepare weekly meals for work. Log my meals one day ahead. This has worked well in the past and my day seems to go much more smoothly and opens up time for other things.
6. Take more time for myself. Relax, appreciate all that I have.
7. Keep reading. The library has become one of my best friends. I read 42 books in 2020
and perhaps can top that in 2021. I never read book jackets so never know what the book entails until I start.
8. Be aware of all of those around me. Engage more with others by simply saying hello as I walk by. Since you can't tell if someone is smiling these days behind mask wearing, I'm trying another alternative.
9. Continue being diligent about helping stop the spread of COVID-19. Wear a mask always, wash hands frequently and social distance. It takes constant reminders. It's easy to get lax. I have been vaccinated (health care facility) so am hoping 2021 will be easier for all.
10. Continue down sizing and getting rid of "Stuff" I no longer need or want. I started this in 2020 and have done quite well. We've lived in our home for 30+ years so need I say more?
These are just my thoughts and things I want to be more aware of in my life and always. Lots to think about. Baby steps.