E - Evaluate these goals
Monday, January 18, 2021
Since I wrote about the nutritional goals for January yesterday, this one really needs to follow.
Evaluate: Are they obtainable? Could these by lifetime goals? Did you plan your goals to include life events? Example: Weddings, birthdays, lunches with friends?
1. Drink the water. Yes to all the evaluations
2. 5 vegs. a day: Yes to all the evaluations
3. 5 fruits and/or vegs. Yes to all the evaluations
4. Avoid having a sweet after every meal. Yes to all the evaluations. Note the goal is not to ALWAYS avoid sweets after a meal.... just work on not doing it every meal
5. Wait one hour longer to eat lunch. Also, doable, but not necessarily lifetime goal, just something to play with to change things up a little.
This one's short because I'm writing it after midnight; it's time for bed. Not going to analyze very much.... However, they seem to be good goals to set. All of them would help me get more healthy.
Add on in the cold light of today: This little task of mine has dug up a little gem: awareness of the long-ingrained habit of a sweet after every meal (from childhood). Even breakfast ended with jam on toast. I hadn't ever focused on that one habit as something to eliminate, because it's not something that is still a huge problem. Something to think about now.