I continue to remind myself that for most of us, this is a MENTAL CHALLENGE and we need to not only discipline ourselves to exercise our BODIES, but discipline ourselves to exercise our MINDS.
I want to encourage each of us to begin practicing POSITIVE SELF TALK. Start practicing saying to yourself, "It's not worth it! "It's NOT worth it! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!" ... when tempted with the "old habits."
And, please adapt my Mantra of NO MORE EXCUSES!!! You will be amazed at how many times you will be able to resist when you tell yourself that "no excuse in the world is going to keep me fat!"
BECOME DETERMINED to go IN - AROUND - OVER - or THROUGH ANY EXCUSE that puts itself in your path attempting to BLOCK you from your ultimate goals, be it career or health!
WE CAN DO THIS! WE ARE STRONG!!!
I've listed below some of my favorite motivational quotes to help you begin to "exercise" your MENTAL CHALLENGE:
• Most barriers to your success are man-made. And most often, you're the man who made them. -- Frank Tyger
• There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept NO EXCUSES; only results.
• The only difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is extraordinary determination.
• The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
• What you are today is the result of decisions you made yesterday; what you will be tomorrow will be the result of decisions you make today.
• The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
• We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -- Aristotle
• Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
• Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.
• Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
• You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down but the staying down. -- Mary Pickford
• Whether you think you can, or think you can’t…you’re right. --Henry Ford
• Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal -- a commitment to excellence -- that will enable you to attain the success you seek. -- Mario Andretti
• It's easy to say you're too tired, too stressed, too busy, too this or too that. Too bad. The only way you'll strip away the fat is to start by stripping away the excuses. -- Dr. Oz & Dr. Roizen- "You on A Diet"