This Isn't So Bad
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
So the past two weeks haven't been so bad, even on the weekends and with TOM. So I just wanted to note what has been working for me just in case I slip and need a reminder. Every few weeks or so I will reflect and add more.
(1) Bottled water. Yes I work for the water department and I know most bottled water is tap water, but when I buy bottled water I drink it. Go figure.
(2) 100 calorie packs of almonds. I keep them in the trunk of my car and munch on them during my drive home. They are healthy and satisfying. When I don't buy them pre packaged, I eat the entire container. Again, go figure.
(3) Milk. In the past I usually drink milk only while eating a big hunk of cake (or two). Now I am making an effort to drink at least one glass a day. If I drink it as soon as I get home, it also keeps me from eating anything that isn't nailed down.
(4) Egg whites. Scrambling one egg with two or three whites is just as filling as two or three whole eggs and it looks more appealing than whites alone.
(5) Sugar free jello. Jello is my friend. It's guilt free and satisfies my sweet tooth.
(6) Eating more "filling foods". Previously on WW, I was a Core girl. On Momentum, I don't feel deprived and therefore the urge to binge has significantly reduced. Including more filling foods at each meal makes a big difference, especially on the weekend.