I should start off with saying I'm still at 155 today, so no weight loss for me this week.
Then as I search my soul, sort of dramatic, I have had a hard time this week not poking food into my mouth as I am preparing meals...this is an old habit that I thought was gone but it has reared it's ugly head again....there goes that voice in my head that says "see it takes more than 21 one days to break a habit" I have been at this for over 3 years....
I'm not beating myself up over this just looking at the issue openly and honestly, I have complete control over the food that goes in to this body....
I know it's been a very hectic week since my return from vacation, at home and work....lots of drama at work...some at home too, with family issues... and just getting back in to my organized life...
Those who know me know I'm a very structured person. I like organization. I like things planned out. I want things to run smoothly and orderly. I don't like to be rushed or behind on my duties.....I should have been in the military...lol ....I would have been a great drill sergeant.
funny thing is I did try to enlist years ago when I was 18 but was too over weight...
The way I'm going to handle these issues.
1. chew some sugar free gum when I'm cooking or chew on carrots.
2. try and relax before I tackle my cooking chores, time to go back to deep breathing for 5 minutes when I get home from work.
3. read more of the new book I start "Life is Hard ..Food is Easy" (it' has great insight to emotional eating"
4. realize I am not now nor will I ever be perfect, the world will not turn the way I want it too.
5. know that I have made huge strides in getting to a healthy life style, no matter what happens I have ben able to maintain my weight loss.
6. I will not let anything stand in my way of living this healthy life style.
7. remind myself each day how lucky I am to have the support of my sparkpeople friends and my family.
8. find time for fun and happiness, it's my choice each day if I'll be happy or not.
9. continue to eat healthy and exercise even when I don't want too.
10. ask for help....this is my hardest issues, asking for help...I'm the one who helps, so I find it difficult to ask....
Hope everyone is having a healthy Friday.
this is some of my family at Peele Island, where I was for part of our vacation.