10 HEALTHY FOOD TO KEEP ON HAND!
Monday, February 15, 2010
READ THIS SAY SOMEWHERE: "LET FOOD BE THY MEDICINE AND MEDICINE BE THY FOOD." (AS FOR MYSELF I DON'T WANT MEDICINE IN MY LIFE....YES, I KNOW WITH MY THYROID PROBLEM RX HAS TO BEEN ONE FOR ME...) READING A LOT HERE IS SOME GOOD NEWS......MANY OF THE FOOD BELOW ARE EASY-TO-FIND, EASY -TO-EAT, INEXPENSIVE AND DELICIOUS. STOCK THESE 10 FOODS IN YOUR KITCHEN CONSISTENTLY FOR HEALTH BENEFITS. THESE PRODUCTS ARE LARGELY AVAILABLE IN HEALTH FOOD STORES NATIONWIDE.''
1. COCONUT OIL: Although it looks like Crisco, it has a much different interaction in the body. Coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats around. It is a medium-chain fatty acid, which means that it's the good fat, which helps us burn the bad fat.
2. GRAPESEED OIL: A great oil to use for high heat because it has a high smoke point, which means that it will not turn rancid like olive oil and other commonly used oils can at high temperatures.
3. AVOCADOS: This creamy fruit can help lower cholesterol and regulate blood pressure because it is a great source of potassium. It also contains Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant essential for protection against many diseases. Eat avocados by making homemade guacamole, add slices to a sandwich in place of cheese, or use as a creamy treat on tip of salad.
4. EGGS: A complete protein that is highly absorbable by the body. They are very high in phosphorus, choline and other B vitamins; also high in Vitamins A and D, making them one of nature's perfect foods. Eat them regularly, but not more than five per week.
5. KALE:A nutrition powerhouse in and of itself. Kale is loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber, containing more of the most well absorbed form of calcium than any ot