What motivates me on this journey?
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Biggest Loser Challenge ITC for week 1 is to blog about 5 things that motivate me on the this journey.
1. My kids. I want to be healthy to watch them grow up. I also want to help instill in them healthy habits so that they hopefully don't have to struggle with weight.
2. My friends. My spark friends and my not spark friends. Being on this journey with others is so helpful!
3. The progress that I have made. I went from hating exercise to loving the gym. I went from plus sizes, to not having to shop that department anymore. I have 1 5K under my belt and will be doing 1 more in a couple weeks. And I plan to run it! I used to hate to run.
4. My Mahogany Melters team!
5. My health and positive outlook on things. I am hopefully warding off the diabetes that is suddenly showing up in my extended family. I can hopefully avoid the heart disease that my grandma and her sister had.