BATCH COOKING FOR THE WEEK...
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Just got through with my batch cooking for the week. I love the ideal of batch cooking because I usually do not get home from work and the gym until around 7:30 p.m. and I am starving by that time. I usually do my batch cooking on Sundays.
Today I started and it took me a little over two hours, non-stop with a lot of mult-tasking to complete everything. Usually when I get through cooking, I put half of what I cooked in the freezer and take it out on Wednesday or Thursday to finish up the week. Usually, what ever I cook on Sunday, lasts me until Saturday.
Today I made the following to eat on through-out the week.
1. Grilled three pounds of skinless chicken breast - great for quick salads or something healthy to munch on while you are warming up dinner - will make at least eight/nine servings
2. Tuna Meatloaf - five servings
3. Stuffed Bell Pepper - with lean turkey and brown rice - four servings
4. Charred Tilapia fillets - three servings
5. Candied Yams - w/splenda and cinnamon - four servings
6. Green Beans - big pot - five - one cup servings
7. Broccoli - steamed - three - one cup servings
Off to enjoy my dinner.