From Disappointment To Grateful
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
I like happy updates and today is still a happy one sprinkled with a teeny bit of sad. I mentioned having major tooth pain several weeks ago. Thankfully it subsided because it took like 2 weeks to get into the dentist. Well the dentist was able to do a root canal, but again I had another wait ahead of me. So today thinking I'm going for the completion of the procedure I got the sprinkle of bad news. You see this past Thursday the temporary came out and unfortunately I didn't realize how brittle the condition of my tooth was and I know I ate some hard stuff like Kashi GoLean cereal. It's so good and good for me but wow is it crunchy. That and probably other stuff between Thursday and this afternoon turned my visit into a bit of a sour one. The dentist informed me that my tooth had split and he was not going to be able to do anything but pull it.
I could feel a small tear wanting to come out but it didn't and I begin to think about the what could haves:
1. He asked if I'd been in pain at least twice. My answer: No. (so obviously I could have been in pain again!)
2. Speaking of pain. A dear cousin of mine has been in tooth pain since at least Friday and her only relief was garlic??
That could have been me.
3. I just knew the pulling would be a dramatic overture of cracking, knocking and drilling, but she came out with quite a bit of ease. The numbing hurt more than the pulling.
4. The tooth is in the back of my mouth (would have done a major number on my cheese and I don't need anymore issue there) - did you laugh?
5. There's always comestic dentistry to repair those gaps. Hey I used to watch Extreme Makeover so I know there is help out there. Does anyone have the number to that dentist?
Anyway, for now I've got to keep my mouth shut and get a gauze inside to control the bleeding. So you see I'm a bit disappointed to loose a tooth, but grateful that it wasn't much more than that.
Thanks for reading!