What are my goals?
Friday, October 01, 2010
My team leaders on the Osteoarthritis of the Low Back team asked the question what goals have we met this summer and what new goals have we set for fall. I couldn't answer that at first until I did some thinking this afternoon. I began losing weight only to gain it back. I fluctuate like this so much and it gets discouraging. But I realized I HAVE met some major goals.
1. My #1 goal this year was to get my back pain diagnosed and treated and I have done that mostly. Still working on the sciatic nerve pain. Doctors don't know the cause of it but we're trying physical therapy for now.
2. Working on some bowel issues and making progress.
3. Bought an elliptical and have managed at least 3x a week for a month.
4. Am active on SparkPeople again.
5. Began an arm strenghtening routine and stayed with it.
6. Am eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water.
I think that's pretty impressive and unless it's written down, we tend to not realize all the good we actually accomplish.
New goals I would like to set are
1. Keep up with the arm routine (I slipped up last week or so)
2. Try for 4x week on elliptical
3. Watch portion control more carefully
I think that's all for now. I'm working 10 hour days again and have been overwhelmed. I also think I'm coming down with a cold so getting rest this weekend is very important.
All in all I'm pleased with myself and glad my team leaders challenged me. I think they are the best!