Progress Comes in Small Forms.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Since I started on my weight loss journey in July I am starting to notice small changes occurring in me without even trying. I am not forcing new habits upon myself they are just coming naturally. Weight loss is a journey, a life style change. I can already tell by taking it slowly, learning new habits, and connecting with other sparkers who understand what I am going through, this time I will succeed! I have found that being able to help motivate others helps to motivate me as well. Even though I have only lost 9 lbs in approximately 4 ½ months, I look at that as a success not a failure. I will lose weight I just need to be patient. After all it took me over 10 years to put on the weight, I can’t expect 127lbs to come off instantly.
1. I now automatically consider walking short distances instead of driving. I used to literally get in my car to drive next door.
2. I can now do little tasks such as taking out the garbage, grocery shopping, and doing the laundry without having to take a break because I am out of breath.
3. When I plan my meals I automatically think about smaller portions. I can eat more, I just don’t want to. I actually have to force myself to fix larger portions to reach my calorie intake of 1200 to 1400 per day. A great solution to this dilemma is to start to eat 6 small meals per day.
4. I am more confident and so proud of my progress that I do not eat emotionally anymore. But I do allow myself a “bad day” once a week in case I feel bad about something. I tell myself, “for today it is ok to not stick to a plan, I will do better tomorrow”. I don’t allow myself to feel guilty about being upset anymore.
5. The best thing I have learned is acceptance. Bad days or weeks are going to happen, just accept it and know things WILL get better! Through acceptance I am learning to succeed.
Always remember the inner you IS beautiful!!