January 2011: A fresh start
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
I'm not proud of these pictures, but this is where I am.
Starting Weight (1/3): 275.2
My goals for the new year:
1) Make a budget and stick to it. I want to buy a house in a year and this will help me get in the financial position to do it.
2) Make a menu of sound, healthy meals that will work for me and my children so we're all eating healthy. Usually when I diet, I cook for the family and myself separately. I need to start feeding them more healthy foods so they don't end up like me.
3) Go to counseling. If I'm ever going to be successful in weight loss, or any other area of my life for that matter, I've got to take care of the underlying problems. I think a counselor will help me be able to work through some of it. I'm very self-aware and know my problems and where they stem from. I just don't know how to fix them. I want so much to figure things out and turn it into a real life change that will stay with me forever.
My goals for January:
1) Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water daily.
2) Stay within my calorie range by eating healthy foods with an occasional treat.
3) Exercise at least 30 minutes daily.
January is all about starting to establish habits. I want to make these things a part of my new healthy lifestyle forever.