1. Making mistakes is OK, learn from them
2. Practice Patience, I'm not going to lose 100 pounds in a couple months
3. Adding more veggies daily isn't that hard when you start out with the ones you already like, then gradually add new ones.
4. Fruits come in so many wonderful textures and flavors, colors and smells. I love them all!
5. I'm not going to be in size 10 in a couple months but I will be a size smaller then I am today in a few weeks. That is one step closer to where I want to be and that's important.
6. Rewarding yourself with special treats such as jewelry or clothes is a great way to show support to ones self on the weight loss journey.
7.Splurge every now and then and eat something you consider off limits..If your fave is chocolate cake the slice a small piece and savor every mouth full.
Just make sure you add it to your food tracker and accept accountability for it. Don't make this a habit as you want to keep with the nutrient rich foods in your daily diet.
8. Exercise is the basis of weight loss. Start small the first weeks or so then gradually incorporate more and more as you become more accustomed to all each exercise involves. Learn a new one each week and then finally incorporate them all
in a working routine.
9. Drink plenty of water to help flush the impurities out of your system more quickly.
10 Get no less then 10 hours of rest full sleep per night. it will work wonders on how you well if you can accomplish this.
11. Try to set up a exercise routine you can freely manage, meaning being there on time. allotting the time required to achieve the optimum benefits and learning to use the equipment in the proper manner.
12. Try to find exercise Buddies to go along on this journey with you. It's easier to share this journey with friends.
13. If you stumble, well you just get right back up, dust off shrug your shoulders and say "HERE WE GO AGAIN", remember you gotta fall in order to mend and mend you will with all us Spark Nuts around you ready to help.
14.If depression stalks you on this journey call out to a Spark friend, we will do our best to hold you up and get you through your rough patch,
15. You MUST stay Active on the message boards. If you have a successful plan it will most assuredly include this tidbit, ALWAYS turn to your Spark Friends we will hold you up and get you through, rely on the people who understand what you are feeling.
16. Never give up on you. Because you are a perfectly wonderful person who deserves to be as healthy and lean as the next person. You just think about all the people you matter to and resolve to prove to them YOU CAN DO THIS!
17 Quitting is NOT an OPTION, you are worth all your effort treat yourself accordingly.
18. Hate to tell you, but in the real world you are going to be subject to some pretty crappy people who will want to only prey on your fears of not achieving success. They will belittle you and talk down to you and find fault with everything you do.
Listen to me, these people have some major hang-ups about there own selves but yet try to burden you with what they should be working on their own selves for.
As hard as it may be, these people are doing nothing to you but hindering you weight loss, kick them to the curb and seek better people to help you. There are good ones out there.
19. Enjoy going out to Dinner, just remember to make healthy choices and don't drink your calories with high sugary drinks, opt for ice water. And skip the dessert or half it with a friend or two.
20. Park in the farthest parking spot from the store so you can get a little walk in. Always grab exercise when you have the opportunity to do so.
I'll be adding more as I think of them, I thought this was a good start..